Scorpion venom on the market (mainly freeze-dried powder) need the inspection report provided by authoritative inspection department.
Scorpion’s medicinal value mainly depends on scorpion venom. Toxicity of scorpion venom is similar to snake venom. Under the action of the scorpion venom, frog, guinea pigs, rabbits and other animals suffered from poisoning. Median lethal dose of scorpion venom to Mice is 1.6 mg /kg(males) and 1.4 mg /kg(female). When heated to 100 ℃ for 30 minutes, its toxicity will be destroyed.
1. Object of extracting venom: In general, all adult scorpions can be used to extract the poison. The venom extracted from the female scorpion is more than that from male scorpion. It should be noted that mining
is prohibited in pregnant scorpion, otherwise, the survival rate of earners scorpion will be too low.
2.Method of extracting venom: It is the best to use electrical pulse stimulation to extract venom from scorpion and
not to use the method of artificial mechanical stimuli. Using electrical pulse stimulation, the survival rate of earners
is bigger than using the method of artificial mechanical stimuli. And it can also be extracted several times, because of
the cost-effectiveness, the method is a consistently effective way to extract venom.
3. Season of extracting venom: In general, 25 ℃ ~ 39 ℃ is the optimal temperature to
extract venom, and it is not suitable to extract venom below 20 ℃.
4. Period of extracting venom: Venom will be emptied each time. New synthetic of scorpion venom involves
a series of biochemical processes in vivo, this process is the period of extracting venom, generally 7 to 20 days.
5. Strengthen management: After extracted venom, the action of scorpion will become slow and it’s predation capacity will
decline, but the appetite will increase. Therefore, we should let scorpion naturally recover and fed some larvaes to the
6. Characteristics of scorpion venom: After bit by scorpion, the body would normally be out of sweat.
Scorpion venom is extracted from scorpion. It Main contains a variety of insect neurotoxin and mammalian neurotoxin. It also contains a hemolytic toxin, hyaluronic acid enzymes and phospholipid enzymes. Each tail sting, there is about 1mg venom detoxification.